What University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Summer Session has to Offer
- Students can be accepted into the UCLA Summer Session with a TOEFL iBT score of 79 (standard admission to UCLA is normally TOEFL iBT 100)
- Various options within the Summer Session, from 6-week to 12-week programs
- UCLA is one of the top-ranked research universities in the US and in the world
- With its College of Letters and Sciences and 11 professional schools, UCLA serves nearly 40,000 students, making it the largest of the 10 campus University of California (UC) system
- The UCLA Library system ranks among the top ten research libraries in the US
- UCLA professors have received numerous awards, including the National Medal of Science, the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize and Guggenheim Fellowships
- UCLA is one of the most competitive universities in the UC System
- UCLA students are well-prepared academically and represent considerable diversity; although the majority of UCLA students are from California, students come from all fifty states in the US and from 63 foreign countries. For many years UCLA has been a popular destination for international students.
- The UCLA campus has 419 acres, 174 buildings, and combination of Romanesque and modern architecture
- UCLA offers a wide variety of sports and recreation facilities, including numerous outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts—mostly notably the courts that were built for the 1984 Olympic tennis competition, tracks, a soccer field, and the John R. Wooden Recreation and Sports Center
- During the Summer Session only, SAF students are able to live on-campus in a traditional UCLA dormitory. A meal plan with daily breakfast and dinner is including with the housing.
Online course catalog
- Course availability varies from year to year
- Enrollment is on a space-available basis, and students will need to meet course prerequisites to enroll
- In the summer, students will earn 8 units per session, students can enroll in additional units at extra cost.
SAF students can register in any courses available to UCLA Summer Session students.
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Social Sciences
Costs: USD 6,350 for 6 weeks, USD 6,950 for 8 weeks and USD 10,950 for 12 weeks.
Includes tuition, administration and management fees, housing (Triple Room in residence hall with 11 meals/week), airport pick up.
Students can request double room and additional meals at extra cost, please inquire with SAF.
Students should complete the SAF online application.