What University of Arkansas has to Offer
- Over 150 areas of study for undergraduates in 13 colleges and schools
- A high-activity research university known for its innovations in science and agriculture
- A beautiful campus overlooking the Ozark Mountains featuring an arboretum and 11 buildings on the National Register of Historic Buildings
- A unique tradition of etching every graduate’s name into the Senior Walk—nearly 3 miles long with over 124,000 names listed
- Students will be in double rooms in dormitories for the first 5 weeks of the program and in double rooms in a hotel for the last week of the program.
- The program fee includes three meals per day (two meals per day on Sunday). Students can eat in any of the university cafeterias or at the Walmart on-campus.
The Study Abroad Foundation is pleased to introduce the University of Arkansas Research Experience for Undergraduates Program, where talented students can gain experience working in top-tier research laboratories with local and international peers. Students are matched with distinguished faculty in small groups for 6 weeks of intensive research that will prepare students to become competitive candidates for graduate programs and post-graduation employment. Participants of the program are able to select their preferred field of research from a wide selection of programs offered by the College of Engineering.
- The Arkansas summer research program can be combined with Fall semester enrollment at the University of Arkansas.
- Summer Program Overview:
- Week 1: Lab Safety Training and introduction to U.S. higher education and graduate programs
- Week 2-6: 40 hours per week in a supervised lab
- Weekends include many social activities and a cultural field trip
- Students will earn 1 credit.
- Fall Semester (optional):
Research is available in the following disciplines:
- Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Food Science
Cost: Estimated cost for summer 2016 is USD 6650.
Includes tuition, administration and management fees, housing (double room with all meals included), airport pick up.
Standing: Primarily developed for rising final year students with outstanding academic achievement, motivation, and emotional maturity. Prior research experience preferred and applicants who choose to enroll in the Summer + Fall option will be considered stronger candidates for admission.
- Students should complete the SAF online application and submit a statement of purpose.