What George Washington University Summer Sessions has to Offer
- Calling on students to “Bring Us Your Ambition,” this respected university located in the politically charged heart of America’s influential capital is sure to inspire entrepreneurial and engaged international students.
- George Washington’s challenging curriculum merges theory and practice across disciplines. Choose from nearly 700 courses in 70 different areas of study, including the most popular: Communication, Economics, International Business, Political Science and Natural Sciences.
- George Washington is able to accommodate both undergraduate and graduate level participants. Students build their own schedule of classes according to their interests and in coordination with the Foundation.
- Students live on-campus in state-of the-art housing located in the trendy neighborhoods of Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon, just blocks away from the US Capital and within walking distance of Georgetown.
- Housing available include single, double, triple and quadruple rooms. Bathrooms and kitchens are shared.
Online course catalog
- Students are required to enroll in at least 6 credit hours (undergraduate) or 3 credit hours (graduate).
- Courses numbered 1000 to 2999 are designed for undergraduate students, primarily for freshmen and sophomores. Courses listed 3000 to 4999 are undergraduate courses, mainly for juniors and seniors. Courses 6000 to 6999 are graduate level courses. Student must make sure they meet the pre-requisites of the courses they wish to take.
English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
- EAP courses are also available as part of the general study options for students who want to develop academic writing, research, and communication skills. Offerings include a writing-intensive course for undergraduates, and academic communication, and writing & research courses for graduate students.
- International Business
Cost 2016: USD 10,000 for undergraduate students and USD 6,900 for graduate students.
- Includes tuition, administration and management fees, housing (double room in dorms), airport pick up.