What Cornell University has to offer:
- An American Ivy league education in the East Coast of the United States
- Educational ideals embodied in the University's motto "I would found an institution where any person can find instruction in any study", a quote by Erza Cornell, founder of the University.
- A picturesque campus overlooking the town of Ithaca, New York and the Cayuga Lake.
Goals of the program:
- The Program is designed to introduce scholars to the laboratory skills they need to be successful in graduate school and the workplace. Hosted by the School of Continuing Education in various disciplines, with the largest capacity being in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, the internships place students in labs that complement their interests. Successful applicants will submit statements of purpose, which admissions professionals will present to professors whose interests align with the students' goals.
Departments with Research Opportunities:
- Animal Science
- Applied and Engineering Physics
- Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Astronomy, Physics
- Bio and Environmental Engineering
- Computing & Information Science
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Crop and Soil Sciences
- Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- Food Science
- Fiber Science & Apparel Design
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Landscape Architecture
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Molecular Medicine
- Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Nutritional Science
- Natural Resources
- Neurobiology & Behavior
- Plant Science
- Plant Biology
- Plant Breeding and Genetics
- Plant Pathology and Plant-Microbe Biology
- Credits: 6 (of independent coursework)
- Students will receive a Cornell University transcript
- All grades are pass/fail
Cost: Estimated cost for 2016 is USD 7400.
Including tuition, administration and management fees
and accommodation in double room in dormitories.