What Columbia University - Summer Sessions has to Offer
- One of the longest-running summer programs in the country, founded in 1900
- Classes are held on Columbia’s beautiful historic campus in the Morningside Heights neighborhood of Manhattan
- Students can choose between two 6 week programs or join both sessions for a total of 12 weeks
- The Summer Sessions are opened to both undergraduate and graduate students，as well as post baccalaureates (students who completed a BA/BS but are not enrolled in a graduate degree program)
- Access to all campus facilities, including one of the largest academic library systems in the US, computer labs, the gym and fitness center, as well as numerous nearby cafés and lounges.
- From history and human rights to environmental studies and business, the range of courses that students may enroll in offer unique and challenging curriculums.
- Students live in double rooms in the Columbia residence halls.
Online course catalog
- Students earn the following number of credits during the summer:
- Session D and Q: 6 credits
- Session X: 12 credits
- Courses are numbered as follows:
- 1000 level - introductory level
- 2000 level - intermediate level
- 3000 level - advanced undergraduate level
- 4000 level and above - graduate level
- English Literature
- Political Science
Cost for 2016 will be announced shortly.
For reference, cost for 2015 was USD 11,450 for 6 weeks and USD 21,500 for 12 weeks.
Includes tuition, administration and management fees, housing (double room in dorms), airport pick up.
- In addition to the SAF Online application, students should prepare:
- Statement of purpose: (300-400 words). The statement should address the applicant's academic goals, previous training and education experience, current situation and interests, and purpose in applying to Columbia University as an Undergraduate Visiting Student
- Letter of Recommendation