What Columbia University Business Practice has to offer
- A program is opened to third and fourthvyear international university students
- A chance to put your developed skills and talents to work in one of the most business-centric cities in the world.
- A combination of internship/work placement with coursework taught by renowned Columbia faculty.
- Access to the Columbia University Business Practice program is highly competitive and selective. The acceptance rate for Summer 2014 was just under 50 percent.
- On-campus accommodation, double-room occupancy, on East Campus is allocated on a rolling basis. Applicants should apply early to SAF to secure on-campus housing
Online course catalog
- Students choose one of four business concentrations: marketing, management, corporate finance or security analysis.
- Students earn three credits for their business concentration course and three credits for successful completion of the internship placement.
Courses meet 2 evenings per week, 6:10 to 9:30 p.m., for 6 weeks
The internship runs 35–40 hours per week for 6 weeks
Sample business sectors for the internship
Business: Finance, Accounting, Investment Banking, Insurance, Management Consulting, Real Estate, Hospitality, and Recruiting
Nonprofit: Healthcare, Museums, and Art Galleries
Media: Television, News, Magazines, Literary Agencies, and Communications
Marketing: Advertising Agencies, Public and Investor Relations, Media Buying, Corporate Communications, Tour Operators, and Film Distribution
Cost for 2016 will be announced shortly. For reference, the cost for 2015 was USD 11,450.
- Includes tuition, administration and management fees, housing (double room in dorms), airport pick up.
- In addition to the SAF Online application, students should prepare:
- Statement of purpose: (500-750 words) addressing your purpose and interest in pursuing the curricular option you have selected, and how it fits into your overall academic and/or professional goals, focusing on what you hope to accomplish while in Business Practice.
in U.S. business format